Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (if this should be the case an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal (Chicago Notation). The text uses a 12-point font; employs italics where appropriate; all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The author hereby agrees to publish his/her text uploaded to this website under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. This license does not apply to the media referenced in the article, which are subject to the individual rights owner's terms.
- If the submission uses copyrighted material from other sources (including the web), permission has been obtained for its use; the sources are appropriately noted in the text. The images and clips are provided with appropriate captions with descriptions ("Courtesy of").
Open Access journals depend on public funding. Apparatus needs your support in locating funding bodies which have set aside finances or APCs for your Open Access publications without any embargo. This could be your university library, your department, or the European Commission funding your research to be published in OA.
Subsidies required to fund your publications in EUR:
Band A: 700 (for articles up to 7000 words which are easy to handle)
Band B: 900 (if one of the below mentioned requirements apply)
Band C: 1100 (if two or more than two of the below mentioned apply)
- longer than 7000 words (approximately 15 pages)
- in need of major language and/or copy editing
- more than 6 images
- complicated tables
- video / audio clips
On request, we may exempt you from participation in publishing costs or reduce the amount of the contribution. If you have any questions please write to our editors (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help you to undertake the steps needed to support your Open Access publication. Thank you!
For future grantees and independent scholars who are not based at an institution. If you apply for grants you can in most cases include publication subsidies or APCs – please consider this option in the future! If you do not have access to an institution, please do not despair. In this case we can grant a reduction or issue a waiver.
The articles in Apparatus are published under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ This license does not apply to the media referenced, which are subject to the individual rights owner's terms.
The authors hold the copyright without restrictions and retain publishing rights without restrictions.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.